Animal Math Second Grade is a great math app for reinforcing second grade math skills. This free version provides the first 3 games, allowing for a nice “try before you buy” look. There are over 100 games in all.
The games are situated around Emma, who needs the help of kids to answer questions which allow her animal friends to make forward progress. The games encompass such areas as:
• Plus, minus, greater than, less than, equal to
• Select which sign is missing from an equation
• Choose the correct operation for a word problem
• Even & odd numbers
• Algebra concepts
• Number sequences & patterns
• Equations & word problems within 100
• Determine the unknown number in an equation
• True or false equations
• Counting by 1s, 10s and 100s
• Addition and subtraction by 1s, 10s and 100s
• Find the missing number in a hundreds table
• Greater than or less than within 1000
All the games filled with loads of positive encouragement, colorful graphics, upbeat music and professional narration. During game play, if incorrect answers are chosen they simply drop off the screen allowing the player to choose again. No matter how many mistakes the child makes, when the last and only choice is tapped the child is given a “terrific”, “wow” or similar. Need to hear the question presented again? Just tap on it and the question will be read again. Each game ends with stars, poppable balloons and a nice “good job!”.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.